I know this post is wayyyyy past due but goodness life is fast pace right now ha!
So...Myla is 3 months old now! I can't believe she is this big already! She has the best personality I have ever seen in a baby! She smiles so big!! Here is a pic I took of that smile recently....
I had this crazy idea with Myla's nursery that I didn't want to share it with anyone because I was scared people would copy her room...however, I'm realizing that is completely nuts and I want to show off all of our hard work! I adore Myla's nursery so here goes...
Myla's tree was painted by our very talented neighbor Amanda! I told her exactly what I wanted it to look like and she did an amazing job! Damion painted her walls the most perfect pink I have ever seen....there are so many BAD shades of pink, this one was just right!:) Then he hung the chandelier we ordered online. I loved how chic it was...the bedding I found at an antique shop and it was love at first sight! Glenna Jean is what I had my heart set on, but when I saw this bedding I was over-joyed! The birds Amanda painted above Myla's bed remind me of the birds in Cinderella...love it! The curtain was made by Myla's Cookie(Damion's Mom)....I can actually take credit for the tulle i added to the bed skirt! The table beside the glider was brown and I crackle-painted it white.
To the left of the bed is Myla's closet...there is actually an awesome shabby chic bow hanger on the wall in between but I took these pictures before the shower she received it on that day. Then there is her dresser(my old dresser i crackle painted for college) and above that hangs my coming home dress(which she also came home in) on a hanger with my Grandmother's broach.
My mom found an awesome shabby chic comforter and Damion's mom recovered the glider...the glider that rocked both of my neices and then Merit. I love the trim we added to the foot-stool. Cookie and I made the lamp shade...and my hubby painted the changing table a friend found for us for $20! Her initials are kinda hard to see on this picture but you get the idea. There are a few little things not in these pictures(like the changing pad that is now there ha) but this is pretty much it. I honestly think Myla's nursery is perfect...it's like a fairy-tale in there....it's everything I ever wanted for a little girl's room...my little girl's room. She is here...she is loved..Myla Joan.






No comments:
Post a Comment